Purposefully offline, The Getting Lost Game is designed to inspire adventures and get people out of what they know and explore that untravelled path.
Each kit contains 26 “misdirection cards” which give you random directions to discover new places where ever you are in the country.
We collaborated with Cat & James from Getting Lost to create this bilingual edition for speakers & learners of te reo Māori. You can find out about how we designed the game here, ideas on how to play the game here. Or you can listen to an interview with Cat over here about how to play and the idea behind the game.
With the 26 misdirection cards in te reo Māori on one side and English on the other side you’ll have everything you need to get off devices and exploring untravelled paths.
This kit is the perfect starter pack for people wanting to find hidden gems of the beaten track, while exploring their backyard. It contains 26 “misdirection cards” which give you random directions to (things like turn left, follow a blue car, head in the direction the wind is blowing) to get you being mindfully random in your exploration.
It’s a brilliant way to bring te reo Māori into your everyday life as you learn the different direction cards.
There are no rules to the game and the ways you can play it are endless and entirely adaptable to the person playing the game.
Here are some ideas we’ve had though…
- For quick play, pick a new direction card at each intersection
- For a game that lasts a couple of hours pick a new card every 5 minutes
- Want to keep it simple? Just keep in the direction cards (left, right, north, south etc) and take out the trickier ones
- Looking for a weekend get away? Play the game until you get the “head for home” card and then find a hotel or campground in what ever town you are in when you get the card
- Don’t want to stop for treats? Take the treat and drink card out before you start playing
- Want to be totally unplugged? There is only one card that requires the internet (Google the word lake) so just take that one out
- Send the kids off for a walk with the game to explore new places
- Arrive in a new city and set off walking with the cards – take a new direction at each intersection
- Want to surprise someone? Add in your own card in the middle!
Each card measures 91mm x 55mm and packs have 26 cards each.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.